Sunday 4 November 2012

Bertie Botts beans

This is a quick review of the Bertie-Botts Every Flavour beans from Harry potter, purchasable at the theme park and tour. There are 20 flavours....



Each with a 'unique' taste, me and my friend took it in turns to select a bean with are eyes closed and tried to guess the flavour. I think she was better at guessing, but I stomached them better! The worst ones were earthworm,black pepper, vomit, cinnamon, dirt and rotten egg. It's nice when you come across a cherry or candyfloss but they can easily be mistaken for a cinnamon. There's the well known sherbert lemmon and bogey flavoured beans mentioned in the films, it's really fun to relive the potter experience.

These were originally made for the USA so have some E numbers in them which aren't usually found in British sweets, this is a negative for me as I don't need to be more hyper and they could probably break me out. I still have the half-eaten packet, I would suggest making a game out of it with a friend as they're not the sort to be eaten in one go. The beans cost £8.95 but I think they are worth it as a one-off treat since you can't buy them anywhere else. The chocolate frog was also very good but nothing special and not worth the price, I got an Godric Gryffindor card unfortunately (I'm more of a hufflepuff/ravenclaw), the chocolate last a long time as its large but for £7.95 you might as well get the card off ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment