Saturday 21 January 2012

Charity

In accordance with my shopping spree next weekend I decided to give some of my old clothes to charity. While I was there I had a look around and found this:


 A box of old fashioned games! I had seen a similar box on the past times website but looking now they don't seem to have it. Originally when I saw it I had wanted it so when I saw it in the charity shop I just had to pick it up. And guess what? It's was an absolute bargain at only £3 yet everything seems in perfect condition as the pack of cards and domino's are still wrapped in plastic! I have been wanting to buy more board games as they are fun to play with friends but I have very few, I can't wait to play these. :)

Also I am a complete bookworm so I always like to browse the books in charity shops. I picked up these two, 'water for elephants' and 'where rainbows end'. I have never seen the film water for elephants but seeing the book I thought I ought to read it if its good enough to be made into a film. Also I have previously read Cecelia Ahern's book 'A place called here' a long time ago and have always wanted to read more of her books but never have! Previously I had seen her books in the same charity shop yet for some silly reason never picked it up. Now I vow to buy any book that catches my eye in a charity shop. Can't wait to get stuck into these-both were a pound. 
I am currently reading 'Call the Midwife' By Jennifer Worth, and have been for some time as I have been very slow with it. I think this is mainly down to me never having read a non-fiction book before and less about the quality of the book as it is fairly good. But I can't wait to finish it all the same as I like reading books fast.

Have you picked up any bargains recently? 


5 comments:

  1. The box of games is so cute, I'd love to get one of those for quiet days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! :) I can't wait to play them. Being old fashioned games I wanted to try the entertainment factor as these games were popular years and years ago. I think you can get them on ebay. x

      Delete
  2. ahh, i'm so glad you picked up water for elephants! it's a phenomenal read -- sarah gruen can definately write! (ha ha, i'm a literature buff!)
    let me know if you like it -- i love sharing my thoughts on books with people! :)
    a lovely blog, by the way!
    take care lady!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe the box of games are adorable, I love old fashioned things. And hmm any bargains? I got the lancome beauty box which was about 50 dollars but you get full sized items! and there were like 6-7 products in there hehe thought it was a bargain seeing as to lancome is usually very pricy!

    xoxo
    Rosie Anna

    rosieannax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete