Monday 4 March 2013

Hair treatment: Olive oil+eggs



Hair treatment and honey face!
Slightly damp hair

Oh my! Lately my hair has been getting on my nerves, dry, limp, every girls nightmare! Well before hitting the shops to look for products I thought hey, lets try a home remedy. I'd seen this one circling a lot...

I used:
1 egg
5/6 tablespoons olive oil
(Add more according to hair length) 

Simple right? You betcha, apply to dry or damp hair, separating into parts with a clip to make it easier. Leave for 30 mins, give it a good rinse and wash with shampoo. I suggest putting your head forward in the shower so the oil doesn't run down your back! While you're waiting you can also apply a face mask, I added honey to mien. I was so skeptical since I didn't think it would be strong enough to have an affect, but from the moment I rinsed it from my hair I started to feel it's effects (silky smooth). Once my hair began to dry it didn't retain all of it's silkiness but it had more volume! The picture above is of my hair semi-dry, when I combed my fringe out properly the next day it was so full and thick, I got many comments! 

Now some of you might be thinking egg is slightly random but it's great for your hair. Raw eggs contain essential proteins and nutrients, this protein can be used to strengthen hair follicles. Likewise, the nutrients work much like conditioners to add volume and shine. Ya'll can also add honey for it's anti septic properties giving a deep clean and condition, or a touch of lemon juice to lighten hair.

Next up I think I'll be trying coconut oil! But I think I'm going to stick to using this 2/3 times a week in the meantime to get its full affects, I'm super happy with the results so far.

What's your hair care routine?

8 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad I came across your blog,babe,looks amazing!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing you made your own hair care product!
    New follower here - would love if you could follow back?

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have a hair care treatment but i sure have to try this one! Thanks for sharing

    Love storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love diy projects like this :)

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try sometime. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete