Tuesday 19 March 2013

Hair treatment: Coconut oil

Coconut oil is good for Skin,nails and hair as it contains protein (like egg). It's supposed to help with frizzy, dry hair to make it more silky smooth. To do this I applied it all over my hair by melting it between my palms. I then left it for 30mins-1hour before washing out. You could also apply to ends of comb a bit through you hair with your fingers to style it. I also tried putting it in a bottle and mixing it with water. This wasn't a clever idea as the coconut oil solidify's.

My verdict:
Keeping in mind I haven't use it long....I am disappointed as I feel it made my hair frizzy and limp! A good conditioner is more effective. However I will now continue to use it on my face as it supposedly helps acne as well. I imagine if you have a dry scalp this will work. I will still continue to use it on my hair to see if there's any long term effects but I prefer using egg and olive oil.

Here's a more informative video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_l9caSqIxs

Hope you're all well 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment