Saturday 10 August 2013

Tybee Island and Savannah

Last week I went to Savannah in Georgia to look at it's history. It was where a scene from forest gump was filmed on the bench. But the thing that really interested me was the architecture and layout of the place as it is unlike anything I have seen. The area looks pretty run down and the buildings on the river look like those we had before the world war! But it's so intriguing to look at and think that those had been there a long time. I also loved that the roads were cobblestone as it adds to the 'ancient' feel of the place.

Then we headed up to our main destination; Tybee Island. This was where The Last Song was filmed with Miley Cyrus. I loved both book and film so it was lovely to be able to walk along the beaches at twilight as it felt almost surreal. The people and set up is just so beautiful and really gives the impression of it being an island. It's all fun and games there; by day you can run in the sun, by night you can live it up. What I mean to say is that it's a really relaxing place to be.

1 comment: