Saturday 27 April 2013

Republic 'story'

Let me start off by saying this isn't much of a story. But I had never previously shopped at Republic until I picked up a dress and bracelet there over the half term. As they are closing down with all their stock on sale they have a no-return policy. I'd tried the dress on in the store and as I was happy with my purchase and knew it was non-returnable I binned the receipt. Well I tried it on  again the other day to discover a security tag on the underskirt. It was so unnoticeable to the eye so I can understand if the cashier didn't notice or suspect it as I couldn't even feel it when on.

I was pretty gutted as this had never happened to me before and this so happened to be...my prom dress!! Uh huh I'm a bargain hunter like that :P I'd picked it up in Westfield after watching The Host (I'd give it 3 stars out of 5) and I went to my local Republic today to see if they could help. Now I understand it is partially my fault but I don't think anyone was to blame, and so they said they couldn't help me. I was disappointed so I just ended up prying it off myself and luckily no ink split just a small hole that I have to sew up.

Yeah that's it, sorry it wasn't very interesting but something else happened to me straight after so I felt like sharing that at least. If you've got exams I hope you're procrastinating revising like I am. :)

Share your experiences!!
Loveee x


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. some shop in Croydon which doesn't really have a name. some asian shop, i guess, I bought my superman t-shirt there and it had a security tag, i noticed it only when i got home and tried it one and felt that it was heavy on one side. my friend bought the same t-shirt but in different colour, but her t-shirt didn't have a tag even in the first place. so next day i went to her house (she lives in north london) and we had to go to almost every shop and ask if they could remove the security tag. luckily, i had my receipt but not every shop had the same security tag remover (dunno how they're called. i think we went to like 4 or 5 shops and they couldn't help us. so at the end, we went to River Island and they had to invite their manager to sort out the problem, but they removed the tag.
      THE END :D

      Delete
    2. Woahhh, I'd be scared to talk to the manager, surprised they did it for you! I would of given up. Couldn't you just go back to the original shop??

      Delete
    3. I could, but I didn't have time so I decided to go to any shop :D
      why wouldn't they? I mean, I had the receipt so everything went fine :) I think it was in 2011 :D

      Delete
  2. Very good posting. Your site looks great!

    http://healthybeautifulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete