Friday 22 February 2013

DIY: Body+Lip Scrub



What you will need:
Brown sugar (1 cup)
Olive oil (1/2 cup)
Honey (1/4 cup)
1 Lemon
Grater
Storage jar/container (air tight)
Spoon

Mix the sugar and oil together making sure to separate the sugar if clumpy. Stir in the honey thoroughly. Now use the cheese grater to add the zest of a lemon to the mixture, I suggest using the smaller side. Whenever you use this you may find the oil sepeartes from the mixture so you will have to stir it before use, I also suggest adding more sugar if this is the case.

Yesterday I decided to try something new, a body scrub! This smells sweet and if you like the smell of the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush for a penny of the price. At the moment I'm using this as a lip scrub, rub in a gentle circular motion to remove dead skin cells leave on for 10-mins and take off with a wet wipe, water, or lick it off! I will use this as a body scrub more often once I start baring my legs in spring/summer, but as I have previously mentioned my lips have been suffering for a while due to my careless abandon and are on the road to recovery! However this also leaves your legs smooth after you step out of the shower and apply your favourite moisturiser. I would not suggest to use this on your face as scrubs can irritate your skin and make it red/break out.


If a lemon citrus smell isn't for you, you can also add essential oils, vanilla extract, fruit, mint, and even melted chocolate! Just use what you have lying around the house so nothing goes to waste. You can also substitute the sugar for sea salt for a coarser solution and if you like the smell of the sea (I suggest it for a foot scrub)

Have a happy treatment time :)
Leave comments telling me what ingredients you used!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Means you can make it as grainy as you like with the sugar :)

    Be great if you could check out my post on how to wear graphic jumpers for SS13

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, as you can see I used soft sugar as well, so you can use different types.
      x

      Delete
  2. great tip:)
    You would like to know more about my exciting giveaway and maybe take part in it?
    Just click on this link:
    http://mykaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-secret-giveawayshhh.html
    xoxo Veselina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Thanks for the tip, will definitely try this out :) I love scrubs, but hate when they have chemicals in them or stuff that I'm just sensitive to. It gets so annoying, I always have some weird reaction to them and then red bumps pop up for a few days.

    ReplyDelete