Friday 8 February 2013

EAL evening

My school is very multicultural so we have lots of people from around the world coming to our school since it's a language school. So last night an EAL (English as second language) evening was held for the students. I'm British but my English teacher was kind enough to invite me. A slight problem was that you have to wear traditional dress and bring a traditional dish, I'm British and Vegetarian. I decided to wear a normal dress, and I made Yorkshire puddings for the first time!




 It was a good evening as everyone had amazing and beautiful outfits. I was envious as I wanted them all! There was music, and poems were read, but the best bit was the amount of food. Everyone had to bring a dish so there was tables and tables full to help yourself from, as soon as the presentation was over it got pretty crowded! I managed to get my hands on a few things, so it was a great success, I just wish it had been longer as the whole thing only lasted over an hour. I hope to continue making friends from around the world as I find different cultures so interesting and want to be a part of them.



What is your culture? What culture inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment