Friday 28 December 2012

My first pair of TOMS





Today I went to Oxford St to choose my first pair of TOMS. My brother had given me a gift card to get them for Christmas as the sizing of them is known to be strange. Well I'd agree I got these in a men's size 8, I'm normally a size 7 but they were too small, they didn't have women's in stock, even the size 8's were a bit too big! Hmm well the reason I didn't try another colour is that these were in the Schuh sale for £20 so I thought I should get them even if the sizing isn't perfect. That said they are very comfortable, none of that heel tearing malarkey.

As they were in the sale I'll be purchasing another pair soon, I was going to get the Khaki ones but they were out of stock. However I think I'll try one of their new crazy eye catching designs for when spring comes around. If you don't already know TOMS is a charity organisation with the moto one for one so that whenever you buy a pair they give a pair to children in need. Many of these children grow up barefoot and therefore develop diseases. I'm all for a good cause and I enjoy following their movement on facebook. Being a vegetarian I would prefer these to be vegan yet the insole is leather. But they also provide vegan solutions with nice designs so I'll be having a peak at those too.

Have joined the movement?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment