Tuesday 11 December 2012

My makeup essentials



Rimmel Scandal eyes
No7 extreme length
Soap and Glory thick and fast
17 shimmer brush
Witch transparent powder
Essence concealer

Okey so I'm not one for wearing a lot of makeup even if the counters at boots do catch my fancy, but I just don't like the feel of two much on my face. My skin is so imperfect but that's the reason why I don't like foundation as I feel I'm blocking my pores and I break out worse than ever afterwards. That's why I use witch powder as prior to it I had used Boots natural collection powder but this one is made for troublesome skin as it's anti blemish, oil free, fragrance free, and contains hazel extract and antibacterial actives. It feels light on, no different to without makeup, the coverage isn't great but it gets rid of most of the redness of the face. I don't feel guilty therefore putty lots on as its not harmful to my skin.

Now who can live without mascara? Most people love mascara apart from them lucky few with eyelashes by their knees! If I'm just going out I like to put on a little mascara so that I look a bit better. The No7 mascara is a fantastic mascara for separating your lashes while giving them length out of the 3 listed I find it to be the best. Rimmel scandal eyes is very clumpy but with the right technique it makes up for it with colour and volume, the soap and glory mascara is pretty average in my opinion it does the job but it doesn't separate the lashes and there's no wow factor.

I have had the 17 shimmer brush forever it was the first makeup accessory I ever bought! I find it works well with powder in giving an even coverage and have never thought of replacing it as of yet.  The essence concealer is something I picked up in the spur of the moment in a pharmacy in Ireland as I was having bad skin days and was dying for a little coverage. I don't believe its available in the UK so I won't be repurchasing and am looking for a new one but I warn you that I recently tried the Witch concealer and instead of using all its antibacterial goodness it broke me out!

Finally I want to apologize as this post is a day late but yesterday was an exhausting day for me both mentally and emotionally as I had mock exams all day only to find out that the one most important to me I hadn't been entered in to, devastated! Then I came home with my head in a spin as I was so tired and went to bed real early and slept a hole 11 hours! I hadn't slept that good since I was about 8.

I hope you are all well and relaxed
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment